9 Tips to Extend the Life of your PortaCount™ Instrument
The PortaCount™ Respirator Fit Tester provides a consistent and objective respirator fit test in less than 2 minutes and half using OSHA protocol and allow users to see how respirator fit changes in real-time during donning and adjustment.
To get the most out of your instrument we have compiled a list of 9 tips that can help to have the PortaCount™ Respirator Fit Tester always in optimal conditions and extend his life:
- Always use PortaCount™ Respirator Fit Tester under standard operating conditions (see temperature/humidity guidelines in the manual)
- Always remove alcohol wick after fit testing and store in the alcohol storage capsule to allow wick to soak up additional alcohol for the next fit testing session
- Never transport the instrument with alcohol wick inside
- When not in use, always put HEPA filter on the end of the tubing to protect from contamination
- Always use the reagent grade alcohol with the instrument
- When sending instrument in for calibration, make sure to send the whole kit including everything.
- Have a spare set of tubing as replacement
- Always have the storage cap on the alcohol fill capsule when the cartridge is inserted in the instrument. If you think the alcohol has become denatured, i.e. contaminated with water, follow the procedures in the manual
- Send the instrument back to TSI for calibrationonce a year for optimal operations
If you want to learn more, watch the TSI webinar recording:
How to Care for your PortaCount™ Respirator Fit Tester – from Calibration to Best Practices
Check Other News